Orlando Teran, Founder and CEO, Teran Group
Orlando Teran has extensive experience in the design and management of civil engineering and surveying projects. His work has included the design of systems for sanitary collection, water distribution and treatment, lift stations, sewage treatment plants, open channels, and roadway paving.
- B.S., Civil Engineering, (University of Texas, 1976)
- Post-Graduate studies: Institute of Hydrology and Hydraulic Resources, (Madrid, Spain, 1979)
Registrations & Affiliations
- Professional Engineer, (Texas, 1985, No.57207)
- Registered Professional Land Surveyor, (Texas, 1987, No. 4603)
- Certified by Riegl USA to use and process 3D scanning data Trustee of Landmark College, Putney , Vermont
- American Society of Engineers
- Texas Society of Professional Land Surveyors
- Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Houston METRO North and East End Light Rail Corridors – Performed 3D scanning for Risk Management and to help the contractor estimate the cost of construction. Check all controls horizontally and vertically for both corridors.
- Houston Community College System - Academic Center of the Northline Campus of Northeast College – Teran as Project Manager provided boundary and Topographic survey, platting, abandoning of easement and building layout, 22 Acre Tract.
- Houston Community College System – Drennan Campus – Teran as Project Manager provided boundary, topographic survey, platting and abandoning of easements. 11 acre tract.
- Robert D. Wunsch Development Co., Austin, Texas – Orlando provided GPS control surveying and boundary surveys of three contiguous tracts of land totaling 56 acres. Teran’s team located all improvements including two residences, several out-buildings, a large amount of concrete pavement, overhead and underground utilities, and fences. The boundary survey required determining the location of natural boundary monuments along two lines and the center of a railroad right-of-way along one boundary. Orlando served as the principal-in-charge for this project.
- Houston Community College System – Stafford Campus – Boundary and topographic surveys, platting and as built survey of 40 acre expansion of the existing campus.
- North East Independent School District – Claudia Taylor (Lady Bird) Johnson High School - Construction staking of a brand new high school to include Main Building, Athletic Building, ROTC Building, Central Plant Building and all playing fields.
- Port Road Right-of-Way Extension, Houston, Texas – Orlando was the Principal-in-Charge of the survey team that provided services to the Port of Houston authority on the acquisition for the new Port Road right-of-way. The scope included recovering all existing right-of-way and property lines, locating all existing improvements and utilities and obtaining all information of ownership of properties involved. The survey team also prepared a boundary survey and a metes and bounds description.
- Harris County Public Infrastructure, Houston, Texas – Teran’s team performing field surveys on a right-of-way acquisition for Aldine-Westfield Road from North Sam Houston Parkway to F.M. 1960 and engineering design surveys from Farrell Road to F.M. 1960. The Teran team also prepared right-of-way maps, parcel plats and legal descriptions for all parcel takings, which included approximately 100 parcels.
- City of Houston - Ridgecrest Waterline – Teran provided surveying services including: right-of-way surveys; locating all topographic features within the existing right-of-way and 20′ outside the existing right-of-way; establishing horizontal and vertical control; obtaining abstracting information consisting of recorded subdivision plats and recorded deeds within the project limits; and identifying all existing underground utilities and details of all storm and sanitary sewer lines. Orlando served as the Principal-in-Charge for this project.
- Texas Department of Transportation, Houston District – Teran’s survey crew was responsible for performing field surveys on multiple right-of-way projects, topographic surveys and ground control for aerial photography projects. Orlando served as the Principal-in-Charge for this project.
- Gaumer Process, Houston, Texas – Teran provided boundary and topographic survey for the 10 acre development. Also prepared civil engineering drawings for site grading, drainage and site utilities.